RSS

Sunday 10 April 2011

Old Harry

Another absence from posting, but this time I thought I'd upload a few pics... Not many, but still, I'm quite impressed with how they came out!

The place I took these pictures is called Old Harry rocks... It's in Dorset (Which, at the time of writing, is scorching hot for English weather...) and there's a little story that goes with it. Apparently the devil himself visited Dorset and tried to claim someone's soul after a previous deal. The person refused, and successfully tricked Satan into agreeing not to come after him... If I remember right. Anyway, the devil realised this and in a fit of rage, picked up some massive rocks and threw them in the direction of the guy, but missed; and returned to Hell for a major sulking session... And the rocks he threw became known as Old Harry, which I believe is local slang for the devil. So there you have it. The more you know.
















3 comments:

Bethany said...

Jeeze. It's completely beautiful. Bluest sea I've ever seen in the UK.

Matt said...

I know, same here! It was such a nice day, though.

Bethany said...

It looks it :3 It's so lovely

Post a Comment